Friday, September 19, 2014

Stitch Sample

Lately, I've being seen so many stitch samples out there that it inspired me to practice my stitching in different ways. One thing I have learn is that you will never stop learning and practice makes perfect!

My older daughter loves butterflies, so I decided to make a butterfly stitching sample.
I started by cutting two pieces of fabric and a piece of felt to place in the middle of the two pieces. I'm old fashion and I do not like to see the ugly back of my stitches.   
Then I marked every stitch in place and embroidered it. I did satin, feather, running, lazy daisy, chain, stem, herringbone, cross stitch and blanket stitch around it to sew together both fabrics. 


 I love the finish project! The colors are vibrant and rustic at the same time.
It's very bohemian or gypsy style, which it has inspire me to make a shoulder bag.


I will be posting pictures of the shoulder bag as soon as I finish it. I can not wait to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment