Friday, December 5, 2014

Two months of exploring

This past two months (October - November) has been an adventure. As always, I had everything plan to start a new project, a shoulder bag. I was inspired by the butterfly stitch sample, but nothing of that happened.

First, we received the lovely visit of my mom. She came for her annually two weeks vacations. So, my husband planned a vacation in Colorado Springs, CO. It was a beautiful and exciting time. Then, my aunts decided to come too.  They arrive three days after my mom left our home.

As I had shared before, my mother was the one who taught me the majority of thing I know about crafting. And I would not be fair if do not give credit to my aunts too. All of them, my three aunts and my mom, we would get together to make crafts for special events (wedding, birthdays, etc.). So, you can imaging how excited I was when I got the news that they were staying with us for a month and a half!
Everyday was an adventure, one of my aunts makes jewelry and the other one do crochet. We went to every craft store we could and started as many projects we could.




One the projects I did was an amigurumi owl. I have to confess that I tried crochet when I was younger, but it did not capture my attention at all. Last year one of my aunt tried to teach me again, but it was not a success, but this year I fell in love with this project. Neither my aunt or me knew how to read the crochet instructions, but with a little intuition and YouTube help, we figure it out.




I got so confident, that I even try this other little guy that I found in Pinterest.  I'm in love with crochet now! I just started a new crochet hat and I have plan to make some other things to give as Christmas gifts.

I have to admit, everything did not went how I planned it... It just went better!


No comments:

Post a Comment