Thursday, June 6, 2013

Embroidery - Burp Cloth

Embroidery, one of my favorite craft. 
I want to share with you a basic project I did for my baby's burp cloth.


This is the list of materials I used for this project.



Embroidery hoop
Needle
Thread
Pattern (drawing)
Iron-on transfer pencil
Fabric ( I used a 3-ply cloth diaper)







The first thing I did was transfer the pattern to the fabric.  I trace the image with the transfer pencil on the back of the pattern.




I iron the fabric and then press the pattern in the fabric (I set the iron on cotton).  Always remember to not move the pattern when your pressing it into the fabric or else the image will came double and it will be difficult to work with.


I place the fabric on the hoop and embroidered with the Stem Stitch.

This is a link where you can find a tutorial of how to learn to make the stem stitch.

Embroidery Stitch Video Tutorial: Stem Stitch

I hope you like this project as much I do and try to make your own creations.  Remember you can use this technique to make house decorations, embellish clothes, etc.

Please, share your projects with us .

No comments:

Post a Comment